Saturday, October 8, 2011

UFC 136: Edgar vs Maynard Rematch

Reigning UFC lightweight champion Frankie Edgar is seeking a closure on his controversial draw against challenger Gray Maynard.

He’s going to get that on Saturday (Sunday in Manila) in the main event of UFC 136.

“After the fight, I got a draw,” Edgar said in UFC.com, referring to his lightweight title clash against Maynard in UFC 125.

“I mean, you want an outcome, you want to find out who the real winner is.”

The fight, which is their second encounter in their storied rivalry, ended in a split draw.

Maynard, who edged Edgar by a unanimous decision in UFC Fight Night 13, believes he won the second fight.

“He gets to walk around with the belt, the gold strap... I feel that's mine. I wanna take it back,” said Maynard.

However, Edgar said he is the rightful owner of the lightweight crown.

He said he will prove this in UFC 136.

“I'm gonna use leg kicks, I'm gonna use punches, I'm gonna use jiu-jitsu. I'm gonna use it all,” said Edgar.

UFC 136 will take place at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment